The way your house looks from the street ~ attractively landscaped and well-maintained ~ can add thousands to its value and cut the time it takes to sell. Homes with attractive curb appeal command higher prices. Keep it simple. Keep it clean.
Let's start with some obvious:
- Fill in any bare spots in the lawn.
- Trim overgrown bushes or trees; cut down ones that are dead or diseased.
- Scrape off any peeling paint and touch up those spots.
- Power wash or paint the house, if needed.
- Have any roof damage repaired.
- Use the trimmer/edger and cut away any grass or plants that are encroaching on the sidewalk or walkways.
Let's add some color:
- add colorful outdoor pillows to porch bench or chair
- fill attractive pots with lots of annuals that will add color for 'pop'. Please don't use artificial, silk or plastic flowers
- place two urns on either side of your front entry - fill will annuals (flowers) of different height for interest. - In the wintertime, use evergreens in pots with other winter hearty decorations
- consider painting your front door or other exterior doors
little more in-depth appeal:
- Consider a brick walkway or brick front stoop
- Pump up the landscaping with texture (perennial grasses) & seasonal color
- Remove older, overgrown shrubs that block windows and walkways. Replace with fresh landscaping and mulch